iPad Photosmith app, Lightroom plugin, and iPad filenames

Started Jul 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
FlightDeck
Regular MemberPosts: 388Gear list
Like?
Re: iPad Photosmith app, Lightroom plugin, and iPad filenames
In reply to Abrak, Aug 28, 2012

Abrak wrote:

My personal belief is that the eye-fi card is inherently 'flakey' and that it is 'heroically optimistic' to expect it to send 1000 jpegs to the ipad trouble free (it would also take about 30 minutes).

This could be a good point. Unfortunately there is no way to control how many images the Eye-Fi sends at a time. If there are 1000 images on the card, that's what it will send.

If my camera had two card slots I would split my RAW and jpegs and use the camera connection kit but it doesnt. Of course if you only have one card the camera connection kit sucks up all your RAWs as well which is useless. The eye-fi is fine upto around about 100 shots.

The 5DIII has two slots, and I send JPG only to the Eye-Fi, raw to the CF.

Obviously with 1000 shots though, it is where Photosmith is of most use - you dont want to be sorting all those RAW files in LR. So the obvious thing to do is plug your SD card into your PC, copy your jpegs to a folder and then sync your folder to the camera roll via itunes. It is not a terrible sexy solution but it will be quicker and wont give you problems (unless you have an ipad 3 and havent updated itunes.)

This is not an option when on the road without a PC, which is why I use the Eye-Fi + iPad + Photosmith combination.

(BTW as a final solution for your card. Try putting it back in your camera and taking a few more shots. It might kick start it back into action.)

Tried this many times. At home I have confirmed that the Eye-Fi can still transmit new shots to my PC. But it will transfer nothing to the iPad.

Something has broken in the iPad + Eye-Fi connection. Even the Eye-Fi app will not transfer files.

-- hide signature --

Regards,
K
Ontario, Canada
http://photos.loneleaf.ca
(See my profile for equipment list.)

FlightDeck's gear list:FlightDeck's gear list
Canon PowerShot G10 Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow