Please help i am looking for a new computer PC or Mac?

Started Aug 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
L Tippett
Senior MemberPosts: 1,360
Like?
Please help i am looking for a new computer PC or Mac?
Aug 28, 2012

Hi all,

Well it looks like the time has come that i need to look for a computer that will 'do the job' for me as mine is really finding things hard of late.

Obviously going from the SD15 to now using the SD1M i am finding my HP computer really slow and hard to live with.

I am getting the usual words from my wife about my PC only being three years old and not realising that PCs and cameras move on!!

I am at the stage of either buying a PC or a Mac and i really am finding it hard to choose between them both.

My heart says a Mac because i love it and that 27' monster would be so nice but at the same time i can get a very high spec PC and probably have some money left over.

I know there are a mixed bag of users of both machines on the forum and i was just wondering what peoples thoughts would be as to which to go for.

I was so close to buying the 27' Mac yesterday but i held back to just make sure it's what i really need to have.

One of the reasons of buying the Mac was to use some of the good X3F Raw software that is available for Mac only although i am unsure how well for example Raw Developer works with the SD1M.
Any advice regarding the above would be much appreciated.

Kind regards Lea.

Sigma SD1 Sigma SD15
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow