D7000/Nikon 500 f4 lens/Gitzo GT3541 Tripod/Lensmaster Gimbal Head - camera shake

Started Aug 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
toucan
Regular MemberPosts: 134
Like?
D7000/Nikon 500 f4 lens/Gitzo GT3541 Tripod/Lensmaster Gimbal Head - camera shake
Aug 28, 2012

I recently morgaged the home (joking) and purchased the above combo. I notice when using the camera/lens on the tripod with a hand held remote that I am getting camera shake/vibration. I understand VR in the Nikon lens is designed to counteract this but am wondering if there are any other considerations/things that I can do to negate this.

I sought advice from both B&H Photo and directly with Gitzo as to which tripod would be up to the job as I needed something sturdy but fairly light for travelling and the other link is of course the gimbal head. I decided on the Lensmaster from UK over the Wimberley due to the cost consideration.

Also should VR be switched on or off when using the camera/lens on the tripod using the shutter release button as opposed to using remove control?

Would appreciate any advice please as I am new to these big rig set ups.
--
toucan

Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow