Started Aug 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
ZZ9
ZZ9
Regular MemberPosts: 445
Like?
i have both systems
In reply to demonboy, Aug 28, 2012

well i m a freelance photojournalist and travel photographer

first i dont understand people who use only zoom (my style has matured ) and if you look to great photographers from capa to bresson to today's magnum photographer 99% NEVER use any zoom

i own 3 m43 cameras, used also a OMD, and i have a 5D mark II with just 2 lens : 28mm 1.8 and 40mm f2.8 pancake, more then enough for photojournalism

i own also 5-6 m43 lens

to me IQ its on par, to be truth i found OMD and GH2 with best m43 lens much more faster then 5D II, OMD also its very very fast, with zoom 12-50mm it blow away my 5D II

another problem of 5D MII is the mirror, with a GH2 i have 90% very steady shoot at 40mm 1/30 sec

with 5D MII the mirror force me to shoot at 1/80 or 1/100 at 40mm to keep a very steady shoot !

also if you consider OMD has IS well draw your conclusion

anyway i dont see such size advantage with OMD GH2 over my 5D II with the pancake 40mm 2.8 and 28mm 1.8 , i use the same small bag for both systems...

anyway i will not upgrade to 5D MIII , next year i will skip to next generation m43 (i.e GH3)

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow