Cheesycam filter holder set

Started Aug 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
nathanhw
Forum MemberPosts: 58Gear list
Like?
Re: Big question is if you can use the magnetic rings on their own
In reply to millsart, Aug 28, 2012

I've soldof most of my slr gear but should look and see whether I still have a cpl or nd filter around.

millsart wrote:

If you already owned a bunch of 52mm filters from something like a m4/3 system you'd probably want to be able to use them

Likewise if you've got lenses that take 52mm or 49mm etc (step up rings are only a few bucks) and would like to be able to use future filter purchases I'd go 52mm

If you don't have any I'd go 43mm as smaller filters are usually a little bit cheaper and there is no real point to the larger sizes with the possible exception of stacking filters, but realistically I doubt anyone is going to be stacking too many filters on a point and shoot

nathanhw wrote:

What criteria would one use to decide whether to go with the 52 versus 43mm size?

Liz Z. wrote:

Actually the Färber system takes either 52 or 43mm filters, your choice (you supply the actual filters, same as with Lensmate), and it is available now. You can write to Jens directly:
Jens Färber faerberj@gmail.com

millsart wrote:

For this reason, it seems the Lensmate system may be the winner as I know they sell just the holders so I can go and use whatever filters I want in the very common 49mm size

-- hide signature --

Liz

nathanhw's gear list:nathanhw's gear list
Nikon 1 V1 Olympus OM-D E-M5
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow