Started Aug 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
rogerstpierre
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,515Gear list
Like?
Video Capability ?
Aug 28, 2012

Today I was wondering if I am not one of the few left on earth that couldn't care less about video capability in my still DSLR. This was prompted by reading the Outdoor Photography magazine inFocus section, showcasing video accessories as half its product listed. I wondered. Recent discussions on release of the K-01 generated lots of discussion (arguably predominantly) centering on its ability or lack thereof in Video/Sound Recording capability, and similar discussions seems to dominate the release of every new DSLR, and the K-05 replacement won't be exempt I am certain.

What's going on... where's the desire for a good still camera gone ? One has to ponder; does the $$ spent on video components done at the expense of would-be still capability (like FF for instance !) or is it actually enhancing it in a sort of win-win situation ?

I am not trolling, but simply interested in reading what other might think about this new trend, but go ahead, beat me up if you feel so compelled

-- hide signature --

Roger

rogerstpierre's gear list:rogerstpierre's gear list
Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Pentax Optio 33WR Samsung TL500 Pentax K10D Pentax K-01 +18 more
Pentax K-01
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow