$1500 FF? Will it make you reconsider...

Started Aug 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
nrwhitman
Regular MemberPosts: 387Gear list
Like?
Re: $1500 FF? Will it make you reconsider... maybe...
In reply to HatWearingFool, Aug 28, 2012

Back in the film days, always thought about shooting medium format, never got around to it, kept to my OM1. I think full frame digital is todays medium format and medium format digital is todays large format.

So, yeah, the characteristics of FF hold some appeal to me and think it would be fun to use if economics permitted. APC really is not different enough from mft, need to jump up to FF to get something significantly different (DOF characteristics mainly and image quality mostly, low light not as much of a difference any more even with FF).

That said, if I got a FF camera it would be in addition to my EM5 as the characteristics of the mft system suit me very well right now for most of my shooting. Oh, and those characteristics are the combination of DOF characteristics, focus speed, image quality, system size, lens selection.

What might be interesting would be if Oly developed a FF line to compliment mft. Think they could bring something to the table with a mirror less design that was significantly smaller than the traditional SLR design. Not only could the body be smaller but the lenses maybe a bit smaller without the need for the mirror box.

nrwhitman's gear list:nrwhitman's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-30 Olympus PEN E-PM1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 70-300mm 1:4.0-5.6 +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
No.New
yesNew
NopeNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow