Apple awarded $1.05b settlement with Samsung

Started Aug 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
jfelbab
Senior MemberPosts: 1,768
Like?
Re: Samsung systematic copying, shown in their own reports
In reply to CFynn, Aug 27, 2012

And I hope they do. Competition of this sort should bring innovation and exciting products to the consumer. When two (or more) companies are hell-bent-for-leather trying to outdo each other in an honest fashion we all win.

As it is today, Samsung is around three times larger than apple, employee-wise. They are in many more markets than Apple and make a lot of pretty nice products.

My stake in this discussion is not just to defend Apple but to also suggest that Samsung let everyone down in this case. Not to sell Apple short, as I admire their products and ability to give consumers what they want before they even knew they wanted them. Apple is a great well-managed company. I believe Samsung is as well and in a great company there is no reason to disgrace your reputation in this manner.

Copying may be the sincerest form of flattery or it can also be looked at as a shameful act that damages your reputation.

-- hide signature --

Jim
'There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.'
-- Ansel Adams

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow