Started Aug 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ata3001
Regular MemberPosts: 493Gear list
Like?
Disappointed in Dlux-5
Aug 27, 2012

Several weeks ago I bought a new Delux-5 in hopes that it could replace my larger Nikon P7100. After much comparison shooting both cameras side by side, it seems the Nikon is the winner by a clear margin. I was really hoping it would be the Leica that would prevail. I shot about 160 images, about half being tripod mounted to eliminate handheld camera movement. I shot in all lighting conditions from bright sunlight to after dark. The Nikon consistently provided better images. The Leica was better however at showing less CA which is easily corrected in Lightroom anyways. I did like the 24mm setting on the Dlux-5 but not enough to live with it's lower image quality. The 24-90mm zoom range was fine since I rarely would go longer than that with the Nikon. I was even trying to sell the Nikon but now am glad I had no takers since I'll keep it. I was really hoping the Leica would be better since I've owned more M series Leicas than I would ever admit to the wife. (at least 8 in the past).

ata3001's gear list:ata3001's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P7700 Nikon D700 Nikon D610 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28mm f/1.8G +30 more
Nikon Coolpix P7100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow