A wonderful celestial swan - 60Da (astro)

Started Aug 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Trollmann
Senior MemberPosts: 1,125
Like?
A wonderful celestial swan - 60Da (astro)
Aug 27, 2012

Got an evening with a rather clear sky but was struggling with some thin fast moving clouds and the usual light pollution. Nailed Cygnus, the celestial swan.

Note the differently colored stars - the thin clouds have bloated the brightest stars and made the colors more visible. Blue stars are amazingly hot and redder stars are cooler. The bright areas are made up by thousands of stars in the milky way. Those familiar with the sky may identify: The North America and Pelican nebula, the gamma cygni nebula, the Veil nebula and some more.

Now that I have got familiar with the 60Da I must say that the camera is ok to use and the results are very encouraging - really rewarding fun!

60Da (astro), 2/35 mm at f/4, 15x2 min exposure (registrstacked) at ISO 1600. Also testing my new Vixen Polarie tracking mount (small, compact and handy).

Canon EOS 60Da
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow