Started Aug 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
henryp
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,889Gear list
Like?
Re: My favorite Camera Store
In reply to rinkos, Aug 27, 2012

rinkos wrote:

EvilOne wrote:

Ive bought stuff from Herman the H in B&H the B being his wife...back in the 70's over the phone from adds found in the back of photographic magazines... where the last three or four pages were filled with adds from camera shops.... this was way before the Internet craze... Ive spent in excess of 10,000 dollars there, and have never had a bad experience..

Today they boast of handling 5000 customers a day.

-- hide signature --

Bill aka EO

B&H is not their names lol....its short for the hebrew expression "behezrat hashem" ...something like god willing ....its actually rlly clever they choose it for that and their names but for that firstly.

The company name, "B&H," is derived from the first names of our founder/owner and his wife. Other interpretations including "behezrat hashem," and "beards-n-hats," are amusing but fanciful.

BTW I saw the comment, "all of the associates are hardcore Jews :-)" Many of our employees are orthodox Jews, including modern-orthodox, Hasidic, etc. Many others are not observant Jews or not Jewish at all. I know some of our observant Jewish employees are particularly noticeable due to clothes or hair style choices but a careful look around will reveal our staff is actually as diverse as NYC itself.

-- hide signature --

Henry Posner
B&H Photo-Video

henryp's gear list:henryp's gear list
Nikon D5000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow