Cheesycam filter holder set

Started Aug 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
Liz Z.
Senior MemberPosts: 1,258Gear list
Like?
Re: Cheesycam filter holder set
In reply to nathanhw, Aug 27, 2012

Thanks Nathan. So are you more inclined towards Jens Faerber's kit, which has setups for either 52mm or 43mm filters, or the Lensmate kit, which will take 49mm ones?

nathanhw wrote:

Liz Z. wrote:

I have been curious about his filter holder kit that is in process of being fabricated.

http://cheesycam.com/examples-with-cpl-filter-on-rx100/

One way it differs from the available Jens Faerber kit and the not yet available Lensmate kit is that the filters themselves attach to a receiver base unit via magnets, as opposed to being screwed in.

I am wondering if magnets can interact badly with the electronics within the camera (and if I am unclear on the concept, please go easy!).
--
Liz

Magnets shouldn't matter to the camera.

However, I am inclined to go with a solution that has standard industry filter threads, which open up possibilities for filters that may be more flexible.

That said, I think the least bulky solution that gets me in with a good circular polarizer that is easy to adjust quickly and accurately on the fly will likely be what I 'settle' for, as a balance between flexibility and keeping the camera pocketable.

-- hide signature --

Liz

Liz Z.'s gear list:Liz Z.'s gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F31fd Sony RX100 Adobe Photoshop CS6 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow