Started Aug 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jaysun
Regular MemberPosts: 328
Like?
D7000 video lighting issues
Aug 27, 2012

I rarely ever use the video capabilities of my camera. I might throw it on for a minute to grab a quick home video of the kids or something but, for the most part, it's only used for stills. I'm thinking of dabbling a little more in video, though, but I'm running into some issues.

What I'm finding is that when I'm not outdoors in the sunlight, the camera is constantly fading from dark to light, trying to find a good exposure for the lighting in the room. If you look at the YouTube video below, you'll see what I'm talking about at :56, 1:17 and 2:55.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaXU_Hww_LI&sns=em

I would chalk this up to insufficient, inconsistent lightning, but I've run into this issue in a better setting. Really the only other time I've used video was to record a friend of mine performing a monologue. The lighting was decent, the camera was locked in one position on a tripod and my buddy wasn't altering the light by moving around the frame or anything. Still, I had the same issue. The camera was constantly fishing for a different exposure, causing the video to fade from light to dark and back again (unfortunately, I don't have a copy of this video to show you).

I've had several dedicated video cameras in the past and I've never run into this problem unless I was filming someone in front of a bright window or something.

Is there something I can do differently to avoid this issue? Any help is much appreciated.

Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow