7D today, maybe 5D tomorrow. Lenses?

Started Aug 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
mmullen
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,259Gear list
Like?
Re: 7D today, maybe 5D tomorrow. Lenses?
In reply to icesurfer, Aug 27, 2012

icesurfer wrote:

I think that in 2-3 years I might upgrade to a full-frame, and I hate the idea of having to sell all my lenses on eBay and start from scratch with new ones.

Hence my question: do you have some recommendations for 3-4 lenses that would do a good job covering the 10-300mm range on a 7D, but would also "survive" the upgrade to a full-frame?

Thank you very much in advance!

Always buy the lenses that work best with the camera you will be using them on. Don't worry about the future potential purchase of a full frame camera. If/when you buy a FF, you will either keep the APS-C for those things it does better or you will sell it. If you sell it you can sell the lenses with it. If you keep it, you will still have the best lenses for it.

Personally, my 7D would suck without the 17-55 f/2.8 IS and 10-22mm super wide. A lens starting at 24mm just would not cut it for me as a general purpose lens.

-- hide signature --

Mike Mullen

mmullen's gear list:mmullen's gear list
Canon PowerShot S80 Canon PowerShot G11 Canon EOS 40D Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow