Started Aug 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
GMussio
Regular MemberPosts: 193
Like?
A57 Images Are Soft!
Aug 27, 2012

I am really concerned over the image quality coming from my A57. I currently have the stock 18-55 kit, the 50mm f1.8 prime, and Sigmas 10-22 wide angle lens. Thus far, the image quality coming from all 3 lenses is sub par. The 18-55 is terrible at all focal lengths and apertures, especially with subjects that are far away. The prime is soft wide open (to be expected) but sharpens up a bit when stopped down. Subjects nearby appear sharper then subjects that are far away. The wide angle is terribly soft wide open, but does well at around f7.1 When taking real estate shots on a tripod, the images are okay, and take PP well enough to use them for commercial purposes (which is what I do with that lens). However, when I tried to make landscape images with it, I was shocked at how little detail I was getting from far away foliage even stopped down. I've tried everything, including shutting off image stabilization, manual focusing, and tripod mounting the camera. The only camera I have to compare the A57 to is the X100 and the X100 even wide open at f2 is incredibly sharp whether subjects are far or nearby. It only gets soft wide open with macro shots, but that is cleared up when stopped down to say f4.5. Is anyone else having the same issue? Do you think its because of the translucent mirror?

Fujifilm FinePix X100 Sony SLT-A57
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow