iPad Photosmith app, Lightroom plugin, and iPad filenames

Started Jul 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
FlightDeck
Regular MemberPosts: 388Gear list
Like?
Re: iPad Photosmith app, Lightroom plugin, and iPad filenames
In reply to JonV, Aug 27, 2012

Hi Jon, I have the Eye-Fi app installed, but it's not running, that's the important thing. The Photosmith instructions to confirm its not running, and to shut it down if it is, are correct. You double click the iPad button to see the running apps along the bottom of the screen. If the Eye-Fi app is one of them, it needs to be closed. Tap and hold on the icons until they wiggle, and then tap the red minus sign on the app icon to close it. Doing this for any apps ruining but not being used at the moment is always a good idea to speed up the iPad---they're not very powerful computers.

I don't know why your transfer is taking so long. I transfer only jpg, as that's the only thing my camera writes to the Eye-Fi card ( my raw files go onto the CF card). I think using the Eye-Fi software on your PC you can tell the Eye-Fi card what to transfer to the iPad. I can't remember if it has raw and jpg as separate options. I know it has video as a separate option. Maybe you can turn off the raw transfer there.

This weekend I've had some transfers apparently freeze, I don't yet know what is the problem. It was a large transfer of almost 1000 jpg files.

-- hide signature --

Regards,
K
Ontario, Canada
http://photos.loneleaf.ca
(See my profile for equipment list.)

FlightDeck's gear list:FlightDeck's gear list
Canon PowerShot G10 Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow