Taking the 5D3 plunge

Started Aug 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
Oz_XIII
Regular MemberPosts: 184Gear list
Like?
Re: Taking the 5D3 plunge
In reply to jcgraphics77, Aug 27, 2012

Hi John,

I made a somewhat similar jump. I used to have the 7D and by similar I mean from crop to Fullframe. Now the 7D is a beast of a camera. (Prior to that I'd owned 400D and the 50D). Really won't say anything negative about the camera. I'm sure there are issues here and there but I tend to judge the camera on how it feels and the final exposures I get from the subjects I shoot and I judged it very, very favourably. Last Friday after much debate with myself (....and my wife) over the price of the 5DIII, I bought it.

All I can say is wow!!!!!!

I will put up my impressions of the 5Dmkiii coming from a 7D shooter, once I've had sufficient time to get to know it. For now though, if in any way, shape or form you can justify the price difference (between cameras like 40D/7D and the 5Dmkiii) and you're aware that you're losing the reach of crop and entering the beautiful world of Fullframe I am sure you will fall in love with photography all over again. Other than my Canon 10-22 and my Sigma 30mm I own EF lenses. 24-105, 50mm 1.4 (and 1.8) 85mm 1.8 and 100mm 2.8 macro....so having gone FF, I feel like I have tons of new lenses and even though on crop the reach is handy and the massive decrease of vignetting (which is easy to correct in software like Lightroom and in some cases compliments the image), the 5Dmkiii just brings out the very best out of the lenses I've listed above.

So this has turned into a wide eyed tale of love for me new camera....and even though I didn't intend it to be...it just is.

John I'm sure you'll love it, and if you don't I'd be interested to hear why not.
Enjoy!

jcgraphics77 wrote:

I just ordered the 5D3 with the 24-105 kit from B&H for $4,099.

-- hide signature --

i like people

Oz_XIII's gear list:Oz_XIII's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow