Started Aug 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
GordonSaunders
Forum MemberPosts: 51Gear list
Like?
K5 LCD screen view nothing like final image
Aug 27, 2012

I shot a wedding at the weekend. I used the image on the LCD on the camera back to check if my flash shots were light enough during the speeches at the reception. They looked fine on the LCD but the RAW files, when looked at on my calibrated desktop computer, are very dark. How can I adjust the LCD playback to more accurately show the true light level being recorded? I would rely on the histogram but I'm told that it's based on the jpeg which is shown on the LCD screen.

Please note that I'm not talking about Liveview; I'm just using the screen to chimp and getting misleading reassurance. Does anyone know how to adjust the menu settings to get the screen to show me the true picture?

Thanks.
--
Gordon Saunders

GordonSaunders's gear list:GordonSaunders's gear list
Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX Adobe Photoshop CS6 +1 more
Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow