Few Pics with E-1 + ZD 14-54mm Mk1

Started Aug 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
Andy Hewitt
Senior MemberPosts: 2,690Gear list
Like?
Re: Thanks Andy.
In reply to sunisri, Aug 27, 2012

sunisri wrote:

Thanks Andy for your comments and advise. I would have stopped down a bit for more DOF for orange hibiscus flowers as you mentioned but it was a bit shady as I don't want to use the flash so tried wide open and adjusted brightness a bit. Next time onwards I will try to stop down especially for flowers to get better DOF :)....

Hi Sri,

It wasn't really a criticism as such, as I did notice the lighting was poor, and guessed you probably didn't have a lot of choice. I know the issue with my kit lenses, as you often need to get the shutter speed up to get the shot at all.

Most of my flower shots are similar, and I know I really want to be able to stop down a bit. Perhaps I really need to make the effort to carry a tripod.

Rather than flash, I now carry a small LED lamp (I got mine from 7dayshop.com), which is quite good for giving a bit of extra light at close range. I have been thinking about getting a small fold-up reflector too.

Cheers.

-- hide signature --

Andy Hewitt
Using Olympus E-1 and Mac Mini.

Andy Hewitt's gear list:Andy Hewitt's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-S1 Fujifilm X-S1 Apple Aperture Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5 Apple iPhone 4S
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow