FZ200 F2.8 600mm ISO400 100% crop

Started Aug 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
VincentR
Regular MemberPosts: 123
Like?
Re: FZ200 F2.8 600mm ISO400 100% crop
In reply to theranman, Aug 27, 2012

theranman wrote:

I look forward to trying that when I eventually get the FZ200. Thanks, Vincent.

No worries! I'd like to see your results. Ideally, 3 exposures for such a big jump from plus 3 stops to minus 3 stops, a total of 6 stops, may not be enough for best results. 7 exposures, each differing by one stop might be better.

Anyone who has an editing program like Photoshop will have a great advantage, but such a program will cost more than the camera.

Another feature of the FZ200 is its 12 frames per second burst rate in RAW mode at full resolution. If the subject is static, and you want a better quality image without messing around with merging to HDR, stacking 12 shots, each with equal exposure, might be sufficient. Photoshop has the ability, with its stacking feature, to provide a single image consisting of the best pixels selected from each of the 12 exposures.

It would be interesting to see just how much increase in DR and how much reduction in noise this process could produce with the FZ200.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow