Started Aug 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
the mono eye
Regular MemberPosts: 168Gear list
Like?
Re: G1X RAW Post Processing
In reply to flypaul, Aug 27, 2012

flypaul wrote:

Hi the Mono Eye,

I'm an Apple Aperture 3 user and it seems to have a problem with the conversion of G1 X raw files. Any sort of reflective highlight's show demosaicing errors which show as bright confetti like dots. Which is a pity as apart prom this flaw the files seem more vibrant than DPP or Adobe's ACR- which I now have to use for about 30+ % of images.

If you never view images very large you won't notice it, but this is viable at A4 and full screen sizes.

I reported this to Apple and uploaded some files to them 4-5 months ago and nothing has changed.

They have released an new version of Aperture for Mountain Lion and Retina displays , but I don't think they've addressed this issue - to busy counting money as the richest company of all time I'd guess!

Paul

+ 1 on the counting money part.

Hmm, maybe I'll try out the software first and have a look on the issue that you mentioned here. I do print up to A4 size max, so if there's a problem it will be hurting me much. Thanks for the input

the mono eye's gear list:the mono eye's gear list
Canon PowerShot G12 Canon PowerShot G1 X
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow