Started Aug 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Doublehelix
Contributing MemberPosts: 797Gear list
Like?
Masking Question - Through Windows & Reflections
Aug 27, 2012

I want to mask out this car, which should be a simple enough task, although there are a few things that make this a challenge for my meager skills. I use Topaz Remask, btw.

This image is straight out of the camera with a few WB and exposure adjustments in LR. No sharpening or other PP work has been done. Converted to JPG from RAW.

How do I deal with the background that shows through the front and back windows?

Ho do I deal with some of the reflections in the chrome and high-gloss paint? This particular sample is not too bad with the reflections, but you can see the sidewalk and gutter in the side of the car, as well as some clouds, etc. This might come down to bad composition, and I was not thinking about reflections when I took the shot. It is obviously something that I need to pay more attention to in the future, but in the mean time...

To be clear, I am not asking that you do this for me, but obviously, you are welcome to have a play, but I really some advice on the how to do this.

There also appears to be some moire in the front grill, and I would love some advice as to how to best minimize it. I have LR 4.1 and PS CS5

Thank you so much in advance!

-- hide signature --

James

Doublehelix's gear list:Doublehelix's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G +2 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow