FZ200 F2.8 600mm ISO400 100% crop

Started Aug 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
eagle2a
Senior MemberPosts: 1,894
Like?
Re: FZ200 F2.8 600mm ISO400 100% crop
In reply to theranman, Aug 26, 2012

theranman wrote:

The only time point and shoot doesn't win (IMHO) is when you need to blow up the prints for purposes of display or sale. As I posted somewhere else, I'll know the game has changed the first time I see a photographer at an art fair selling enlargements made from a point and shoot.

Ran Man: it was wrong of me to make a statement like, "the P&S wins!" or words to that effect.

The question then becomes, "wins what?"

I should have been more specific about what it was that it wins. It wins in the sense of what could be called, for lack of a better term, the "every person camera." A camera that is easy to carry, covers all the bases the average snap shooter to advanced amateur could want, and does it in a very respectable way providing pictures that are more than adequate for the uses that these type of photographers demand of their Camera.

The new Panasonic FZ200 seems to be a marvel of engineering. Allowing a serious photographer to pick up one comparatively small and light camera and take almost any kind of picture, plus very respectable video. I almost never make a print larger than 4" x 6". I will view some of my images on my 42" TV, and of course my computer screen. But other than this, I very seldom print or view my files.

That was the sense in which I made the statement "the point and shoot wins."

I do not wish to offend any larger sensor camera owner. I myself own several Pentax DSLR cameras, as well as a micro 4/3. But I do not own a lens that is anywhere near as comparable to the lens on the new FZ200. I certainly look forward to putting it through its paces.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow