Started Aug 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
john10001
Contributing MemberPosts: 622
Like?
Sigma Advanced Compacts
Aug 26, 2012

I just wondered what you guys have noticed in the way of change from for example the DP2 to DP2S, DP2X and now the DP2M over the last four or five years?

I notice the latest DP2M seems to have a sensor that is about 25% bigger in area. The pixels have been increased though I believe by over three times compared with previous models. I am wondering what advantages and possible disadvantages this results in if any with the Foveon sensor?

I am not sure I totally understand "Sensor Photo Detectors" over the old "Pixel Density" that DPReview used to quote in the camera database though I do sort of understand how the Foveon sensor itself works compared with the Bayer.

Are there any features you would like on the Sigma that it doesn't presently have? And would you say more people opt for the 41mm over the 28mm is it of the DP1 series?

I've never owned a Sigma but am a huge fan of what I have seen as the end results photo wise. The results I have seen from Sigma dSLR's have produced better quality photos than some of the best dSLR's from the likes of Canon IMHO. And a lot of the photos I have seen from DP1 and DP2 series have been outstanding.

To me it does seem to be mainly a stills camera though. I shoot a lot of video. I also if I decided to eventually switch to a Sigma would find it difficult to decide between the 28 and 41mm. If they made one camera that combined both these, and added better video support then that would make things very interesting. I do wonder though which lens people find that Sigma gets the best from in terms of end results for the camera and sensor, the 28 or 41mm?

-- hide signature --

Kind Regards,

John

Born in the United Kingdom of Great Britain. I reject EU citizenship.

Pentax Espio Mini / Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 / Now someone please sell me their K-5 on eBay for a low price ;)!
_ _

Sigma DP1 Sigma DP2 Sigma DP2s Sigma DP2x
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow