Started Aug 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Tommygun45
Senior MemberPosts: 1,059Gear list
Like?
5N+SEL18200 - AirShow - Let's Battle
Aug 26, 2012

Ok gentlemen, and ladies. I am still new to this whole thing but I think I am figuring some things out. First off, I have seen some other threads on here in Canikon realm showing off some impressive Air Show shots. Today I was the only one in the seats with anything remotely resembling a compact arrangement. I was shocked at the size of the 5dIIIs and other impressive massive drl's and their accompanying lenses. Anyways, I took my 5n and SEL18200 and gave it my best shot. Here are the results, mind you, currently compressed due to my limit of only 28 megs left in the month. Each image is compressed from 16 megs down to 1.5 megs, therefore, some quality lost, but still. If anyone else has any Air Show pics to share, please do, I want to get better with what I have. The autofocus was not excellent but I think it worked ok every now and again.

Shot in Brunswick, ME at the Great State of Maine Air Show on August 25th, 2012.

BTW the shots of the girl with her hand on the sign and the shots of the B1 engines were with the Sigma 30.

After searching high and low for settings during most of the show settled on
AFS-S (Continuous was searching too much)
S mode 1/2000
Multi-Focus (Central focus just wasn't cutting it, kept focusing in and out)
Multi Metering
Iso 100 stuck
Other adjustments made in LR4.1, as I shot RAW.

Top Gun! (middle finger scene)

Tommygun45's gear list:Tommygun45's gear list
RX100 III Sony a6000 Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Sony E 35mm F1.8 OSS +3 more
Canon EOS 5D Mark III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow