Leicasonic 25mm worth the premium?

Started Aug 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
Anders W
Forum ProPosts: 16,912Gear list
Like?
Re: Such a subjective choice...
In reply to pinnacle, Aug 26, 2012

pinnacle wrote:

It is difficult for most to try and answer this question for you since the subject matter that any of us tend to focus on varies so much from user to user.

I have owned the 25 for a few weeks and it is indeed the wonderful lens most say that it is. I just purchased the 20 as well because the filed of view is enough different "to me" that I decided that the cost of owning both lenses was worth it.

To try and tell someone to choose one over the other...I think each photographer needs to think carefully about whether they tend to use the larger (20mm) or slightly smaller (25mm) field of view. There are some sites on the net that show fields of view for various focal lengths and I will see if I can help post one for you later if I can find one for Micro Four Thirds angles of view for specific focal lengths.
Dan

I didn't think about it much and I wouldn't own both lenses. But the main choice here is about FL all right. And I much prefer the 20 in that regard. If you want subject isolation by means of background blur, try the Oly 45/1.8 or 75/1.8. I already have the first and am about to get the second.

Anders W's gear list:Anders W's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +21 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow