Started Aug 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
john10001
Contributing MemberPosts: 621
Like?
River North Esk
Aug 25, 2012

Thinking of replacing my Lumix LX5 in the new year. Not sure with what though so sitting on the fence for now though DP2M is most tempting though unfortunately lacks the video capabilities and fixed lens no zoom.

LX7, RX100, X10, DP2M? Anything else to consider?

LX7 will have the same great ergonomics, functionality, manual controls, great video capability, but Panasonic are treading water keeping sensor size microscopic and the competition are catching up.

Over on Serious Compacts one of the users Ray has been out in Philly doing a bit of street photography with the LX7 and RX100. He has kept the RX100 and is sending the LX7 back. Says although LX7 a joy to use and the RX100 a pain to use, the latter takes photos that are so much better and easier to work with afterwards

Some photos I took at ISO 320, 400 and 800 with my LX5. River North Esk, Scotland. The border between Angus and Aberdeenshire.

Wish right now I could afford the petrol money to get up to Scotland and do a bit of fishing, camping and Munro bagging!

-- hide signature --

Kind Regards,

John

Born in the United Kingdom of Great Britain. I reject EU citizenship.

Pentax Espio Mini / Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 / Now someone please sell me their K-5 on eBay for a low price ;)!
_ _

Fujifilm X10 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Sigma DP2 Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow