Started Aug 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
myssvictoria
Senior MemberPosts: 2,880Gear list
Like?
FZ200 Pileated Woodpecker
Aug 25, 2012

We are fortunate to have these birds visit our backyard frequently. There is suet hanging from this tree. Something is wrong with this fella, very wobbly on the tree, cannot hang onto the feeder, and has difficulty taking flight, takes a big dip on takeoff. I've watched him return 3 times without being able to feed. I've since tied suet directly to the tree but he hasn't returned.

Anyways, these are all taken in shade, about 20 ft away. I've annotated the pics with settings and unless otherwise noted, these are SOOC. The last one was very underexposed, so it is lightened. Wish DPR gallery would allow uploading from an iPad. I am computerless these days. I think these are good for the light and being handheld. One thing for sure, I can handhold this camera at 600mm at much lower shutter speeds than my G1 + 100-300. Better feather detail with the G1, when I can get the shot. The colors are much better with the FZ200.

-- hide signature --

Vickie
Life was simpler before technology made life easier.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/myssvictoria/

myssvictoria's gear list:myssvictoria's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 +8 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow