S100 Repair Experience

Started Jul 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
mcshan
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,313
Like?
Re: mcshan
In reply to gail, Aug 25, 2012

Hi Gail, Yes, the camera has more features. I am even using the watercolor/illustation mode and I hate gimmicks. The screen is really good. When set on daylight (rather than "auto") it is the best camera screen I have ever used from the list of cameras in this post. It is the best "auto" point and shoot I have ever used. Even though I loved it I never considered the S90 a great camera in auto mode. I usually shot aperture or P. The Sony has two auto modes and both work well+. Shot to shot time is good+ (I don't shoot sports or kids however). It is really good in low-light. I have not tried it at 3200 etc. but up to 1600 it has been a nice surprise.

I know "fun" is an odd word but the camera is fun to shoot with. I remember having the same feeling getting and using the S90 (by the S95 I knew what to expect) when it first came out. We have an LX3, G11, S90+95, X1, EPL1 and G1X yet the RX100 is the first thing I grab when we are going for a drive. It is heavier than the two S series we have but I quickly got used to it because it is still small.

You can tell I am very fond of the RX100. This is my first Sony in 25 years so it isn't coming from a fanboy. The G1X really IS terrific, the X1 can take amazing photos but the RX100 is my new take everywhere camera. On vacation we took the G1X and RX100 (arthritis has ended my large DSLR days) and thought we had pretty much every shooting situation covered.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Huh?New
GailNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow