Started Aug 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Dave Jaseck
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,111Gear list
Like?
Might pop in once in awhile...
Aug 25, 2012

Since my life has been altered dramatically since the first of this year with the unexpected and quick passing of my wife, it has been a difficult 7 months for me. As many know, I have been a member of this forum for a LONG time and have not posted for a long time for whatever the reason. However, I believe I now have a reason to return with anything I think might be of interest to those here on the forum and will give me the opportunity to get out of my head and play with one the things I have a passion for, photoshop and photography. Interestingly, since my wife passed, my daughters have suggested I get another dog for a companion. Our yellow lab passed away over 2 years ago. I gave it some thought, but Jesse our yellow lab had sort of set the gold standard for a companion dog, I thought any other may fall short of her. Anyway, recently I gave some serious thought to the idea if it were the right dog, either side of 5 years old, housetrained, basic obedience, laid back, healthy, not a roamer or runner, etc.. One day I typed in the computer search box, lab rescue michigan and up pops a page with 3 pictures of a really nice black lab. What really got my attention was his name...Drake, which happens to be my wife's maiden name. What are the chances of that? And what do you know, has all the specs I just mention, 5 years, laid back, healthy, trained etc. Long story short he is my new live in companion now and he is a fun guy.

He is an interesting subject to photograph, has a beautiful black shiny coat is tall and lean and runs like a horse when I let him. Here are a few recent shots. Tech information is converted to black and white using Photoshop (image> adjustments> black and white), used a toning action by Lazlo, did adjust the built in levels adjustment layer though (probably find the action with a search, if not email me, I'll send a copy) and applied my Midnight Black Action to some of the images. Anyway, that's my story. See you around from time to time, if that's OK.

-- hide signature --

http://www.pbase.com/davidjaseck

Be careful how you interpret the world: It is like that.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Prstl2 MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow