16 + UWA pics from Williamsburg

Started May 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
gskolenda
Contributing MemberPosts: 837Gear list
Like?
Re: 16 + UWA pics from Williamsburg
In reply to D Cox, Aug 25, 2012

D Cox wrote:

Attractive pictures from this very useful combination. Thanks for posting.

The only problem, as with all ultrawide lenses, is keeping the camera level to avoid slightly converging verticals (as in several of your shots). I find using the grid on screen helps - if you put the horizon exactly half way up the screen, the verticals will be vertical.

But even with this aid, I find I get some slightly off images handheld. They can be corrected in PP, but this is a nuisance.

If the horizon is well above or below the centre, the picture becomes a clear upward or downward view, and is OK. It is the slightly off ones that give a discord between the lines near the edge of the frame and the frame itself.

I agree with using the grid, but better than Photoshop is Lightroom 4.0. It has many of the Nex E-Mount lens profiles including the 16mmF2.8, (Not sure about UWA) just one click and and you can see the change and how the lens profile works. I love Lightroom, it is THE program for Raw imaging as far as I'm concerned.

gskolenda's gear list:gskolenda's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow