Buggy FoCal_1.6.0.141 ?

Started Aug 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
Joaquin_peme
Regular MemberPosts: 181Gear list
Like?
I also use Focal to calibrate my 5DMKII
In reply to khaw, Aug 25, 2012

First off, sorry to hear you're having problems with your new D800

My camera AF is far from being perfect. In fact, the most important improvement on the new 5DMKIII has been pecisely its AF system.

So, what I do is to shoot up to 20 tests in a row to counterpart the AF system tolerances. The most repeated result becomes my AFMA setting.

The tolerances of your camera should be much norrower, so you chart may be showing you have that bloody issue.

I suggest repeating the test several times to ensure consistency, and if you get consistent result similar to the one here, use your warranty.

I'm amazed at some of the comments you're getting. The fact you are invested in nikon apparenttly has not bought you a ticket to express your opinion, or ask for advice. People can be so ridiculously in awe of their toys that they can't accept that someone may be having an issue.

Good luck, and I hope nikon works it out quickly and nicely.

Joaquin_peme's gear list:Joaquin_peme's gear list
Canon EOS-1D X Canon EF 135mm f/2.0L USM Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Carl Zeiss Distagon T* 2,8/21 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow