ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Viking9
Contributing MemberPosts: 612Gear list
Like?
First impressions FZ200 and 1 sample at 600mm f2.8
Aug 25, 2012

Hi All,

I received my camera this morning at 09:00 by ParcelPost from Wex Photographic, having ordered it yesterday afternoon. (I had previously had one on on order from UK Digital who promised delivery yesterday but it didn't show. When I telephoned they said there had been a mix-up and they hoped to get it to me for Tuesday. Needless to say I cancelled.)

Anyway, my first impressions (comparisons with the FZ150). These are not exhaustive but I will answer any questions you may have.

EVF - much improved. Clearer and brighter. Also benefits from the improved typeface used for the menus. I found that the Panasonic camcorder rubber eyecup part no. VMG0631 fits, though it's like fitting a tire to a bike wheel

Larger attachment lugs for camera strap - good.

Display of shutter speed/fstop on a completely new ribbon scale - great.

Removal of exposure/flash compensation from the cursor buttons to the rear wheel - good, much easier to find the wheel when using the EVF. This, coupled with the removal of the Fn button has allowed WB and AF mode select to be placed on the cursor buttons, another welcome move.

The RH grip has been widened and the on/off switch moved to the edge of the mode dial allowing larger, wider spaced buttons and an extra Fn button to be placed there. - Good

Repositioning of the playback button to just right of the EVF - Great, I was always managing to press it inadvertently.

Retention of 52mm lens filter thread - Good, I don't have to buy new filters.

Wider lens barrel aperture on body means I can't use the LA5 lens adapter - a small price to pay as I'll still be able to use my LC55 telephoto extender with it.

New f2.8 lens and sensor - excellent. Below is a photo of the Red striped crane at 600 mm f2.8 - hand held at a range of 116 yards.

Tom

Newcastle, Northern Ireland

-- hide signature --

=========================================
'The man who has never made a mistake has never made anything'

Viking9's gear list:Viking9's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow