How would you approach this?

Started Aug 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
Mike Warren
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,488Gear list
Like?
Re: How would you approach this?
In reply to Alleg1, Aug 24, 2012

Alleg1 wrote:

Why bother, it'a such a poor image..why waste time on it?

If it were a perfect image, it would not require retouching, now would it?
This is what we do and discuss on this forum... Retouching.

This is apparently the only image of this high school available that was taken in 1960. The school was torn down due to not being earthquake proof. The person who commissioned me to work on this project is having a 50 year High School Reunion and they wanted to have a 20" X 30" Poster printed for their event. I had to scan this image out of a 1960 yearbook, restore and enlarge to print the poster. It was pretty difficult since the 4-Color Process printing was out of register and the colors were very drab. I scanned the image with a descreen filter for a 24" X 36" X 300 ppi RGB image, reregistered the colors in CMYK Mode, converted back to RGB, removed the writing, adjusted the color, blurred the pixels slightly to lessen the dot pattern and then reduced down to 20" X 30" X 300 ppi for the final image size for print.

Here is a lo-res version of the final image.

Original Scan:

Mike

Mike Warren's gear list:Mike Warren's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P7000 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +18 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow