Started Aug 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mike703
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,835
Like?
XZ-1 does a school dance show
Aug 24, 2012

My daughter does dance classes and during the holiday her performing arts group spent a week rehearsing a few song and dance routines from 'Wicked' and 'Wizard of Oz' to do a little show on the Friday afternoon. Turning up at an event like that with a DSLR and bag of lenses struck me as excessive so I just took the XZ-1. Light in the school hall wasm't too bad; I used ISO 400, Av mode, lens wide open, and got shutter speeds of typically 1/50 sec. I had to time the shots for when the dancers were relatively static but I was impressed with how they cane out; all shot in RAW and NR done with Topaz DeNoise before finishing off with Photoshop Elements.

I reckon the XZ1 at ISO400 produced pictures of comparable quality, in terms of noise and detail, to my DSLR (Pentax K7) at ISO1600 - i.e. plenty good enough for the intended use.

c/c welcome

Best wishes
--
Mike
http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/mikeward

Olympus XZ-1 Pentax K-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
@jonNew
@DonNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow