Started Aug 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
markfm
Regular MemberPosts: 105
Like?
selling my RX100
Aug 24, 2012

I've decided to sell my Rx100 for two main reasons.

Firstly, I bought the camera as I thought that it would have decent depth of field as people were saying and this is my major bug bear when it comes to compacts. I have been very disappointed. It barely seperates the subject from the background.

I know that by saying this some people will probably offer examples to prove me wrong but they all seem to be the type of shots that you could even get with a cheap compact if you shot close to the subject with the background far off etc.

Secondly, it has major highlight clipping which is ridiculous for a camera with such a large sensor and is probably mainly due to the massive amounts of pixels they crammed in it.

I've also seen people provide examples to prove critics wrong on this too but these photos again have been taken in sympathetic conditions and often look underexposed.

It seems the primary aim by sony was to sell as many of these cameras as possible rather than provide the kind of quality real photographers want.

i would suggest people thinking of buying this camera at least wait for Dpreview give their findings before buying it otherwise you may be disappointed.

Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow