Can I get your views on photographing people randomly?

Started Aug 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
Edward In Toronto
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,217
Like?
Photography laws in your area?
In reply to blogan, Aug 24, 2012

Here are the photography laws in my area, Toronto Canada.
http://ambientlight.ca/laws

Best to research the laws in your area first.

Then, there are two types of street shooters, those that engage with their subject and those that snipe from a distance. Both ways produce fine results and it’s a matter of personal preference in which way you go.

Me personally, I prefer to snipe. I use a EF 100 f/2 lens and sometimes EF 28 f/2.8 lens. I have the camera in my hand down low by my side, I bring it up to my eye, take the shot and put it back down low within 2 seconds. All the time walking and never slowing down or missing a step. Sometimes people will notice me doing that, but they always shrug it off and don't care because it doesn't seem like I'm seriously photographing them, they probably don't even think that they are the subject, they might think that I'm just taking a wider view. But I will sometimes get them looking at my camera, which usually makes a good shot.

It's hard work, I can walk around for hours and not get the chance at an interesting shot. There are lots of missed shots because I only get a moment then the shot is gone.

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow