Need low-light shooting advice, please (E-520)

Started Aug 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Alisande
Senior MemberPosts: 2,701
Like?
Need low-light shooting advice, please (E-520)
Aug 24, 2012

A musician saw some shots I took at a jazz party and asked if I would photograph a concert he's doing next month. A couple of the pictures would go on his CD. I don't feel particularly qualified to do this, but I wouldn't charge him--so he'd be getting his money's worth.

The images he saw were taken with my Panasonic superzoom (FZ35). It's the camera I always use in low-light situations because it focuses with ease. In contrast, my E-520 loses valuable time seeking, and often never take the shot at all.

If I take on this assignment, I'd like to use the E-520 as well as the Panasonic. I don't have an external flash for it . . . would that make a difference? Can you recommend anything I can do to make low-light shooting with the E-520 more reliable? I have the two kit lenses, plus the 35mm macro and the 70-300mm. I'm thinking about getting a used 12-60 but I can't afford it yet.

Thank you!

-- hide signature --

Susan
1 old farmhouse, 2 dogs, 5 cats, 3 computers

Olympus E-520
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow