Started Aug 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
rpps
Senior MemberPosts: 1,363Gear list
Like?
Nikon 28-105mm f3.5-4.5 sharpness test
Aug 24, 2012

I recently bought a Nikon 28-105mm lens seconhand for my new D700. I was pretty disappointed when I first shot with this lens @ 28mm at f5.6 and below especially f3.5, the LHS was very blurry and out of focus but the RHS wasn't too bad.

I thought I must have bought a lemon off E-Bay so i just put in the back of the cupboard until today.

I thought seeing it's a nice sunny winters day with good light I would try the lens out again and shoot some photos off but at f8 and above this time.

Well I was pretty suprised how good the photos came out, all my shots from 28mm right up to 105 were nice and sharp and great colour and I didn't have to alter them much in CNX2 when editing my RAW files.

I think I have finally found my walk around lens but I might send it off to Nikon for a service and hope this fixes the blurry image on the LHS when shot at 28 f3.5.

Here's some test photos taken today the first photo was at f3.5 and 28mm, please excuse subject matter and composition.

rpps's gear list:rpps's gear list
Sony RX100 Nikon D600 Nikon D750 Nikon AF Nikkor 35mm f/2D Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di VC USD +3 more
Nikon D700 Panasonic Lumix DMC-F5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow