Started Aug 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
flashbang
Regular MemberPosts: 166
Like?
Which Small Canon?
Aug 24, 2012

Regrettably, I just sold my Canon G10. Nothing particularly wrong with it, but as my travel/carrying around camera, it had about 30,000 miles on it and had seen its share of use. I just figured it was time to trade for something a bit newer. Maybe better.

I am a full time pro, but haven’t kept up with this sort of equipment. Looking around now seems like there is a bewildering assortment of cameras out there that would be fine replacements. Problem is picking one.
So, here’s my basic list of requirements:

1. Reasonably small size – the G10 was about as big as anything I’d want; something a bit smaller would be nice.

2. Fast focus, particularly in low light (G10 rated low in this department) – and shorter lag time

3. Eye level finder – not a make or break, but a feature I really like (I used Leica RF’s for 30+ years)
4. Hot shoe
5. Sharp lens (I occasionally make 16x20 prints)
6. Under $500

I am partial to Canon, use their DSLR line and am tempted to go with a Canon G12 only because of familiarity with the design - and of course Canon’s great customer service folks.

Also, with the NYC Photo Expo coming up, is there a chance of something new from Canon that might be my “ideal”?

As always, all suggestions most appreciated!
Thanks.

-- hide signature --

Photography has been going downhill since Kodak stopped making Panatomic-X.........

Canon PowerShot G12
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow