Reconcilliation with my 5DMKII AF system

Started Aug 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
NicholasS
Regular MemberPosts: 156Gear list
Like?
Re: Gorgeous images, and what's more....
In reply to Joaquin_peme, Aug 24, 2012

Sapa is great and agree the images of Hanoi are fantastic.

I did my Vietnam trip with the 5D Mk II and the walk out of Sapa to the villages in drenching rain ... I gained a new respect for the camera as the conditions where atrocious and I just kept shooting with a 24-105mm. I was drenched through but the camera and lens where fine.

I now have the 5D Mk III and it is a step up from the Mk II - many more keepers and the colours are "better" hard to say how but they just are more to my taste. I also find the high ISO is better.

I am interested in the Zeiss 21mm and how easy this is to focus and how useful do you find it for street/candid photography? I have been looking at getting the Zeiss 28mm as I thought 21mm was too wide. I have not used a manual focus lens but would like to be able to capture images like your second one. I realise it will take patience but I am interested in any comments you may have about manual focusing. Any PP with the second image?

-- hide signature --

Nick

NicholasS's gear list:NicholasS's gear list
Canon EOS 60D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 28mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow