Is it safe to by an S100?

Started Jul 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
brianj
Forum ProPosts: 13,704Gear list
Like?
Re: imho, yes
In reply to gail, Aug 24, 2012

gail wrote:

I couldn't be happier with the s100. I've taken thousands of photos and test photos with it since buying it last October. I've not had one problem with the cameras and neither have many others.

Yes, there harve been some lens issues, but now that Canon has acknowledged and promised to fix it, I'd have confidence buying the S100 knowing that IF I had factory fault issue with the lens, it would be fixed for free.

Quite frankly, you can have problems with any brand digital camera.

I would have no problem buying a s100 today, however if you're going to constantly worry that something will go wrong you'll never be happy with it so the better route may be to look for a different brand camera.

But would you still buy one now?

I looked at some in a shop yesterday which the salesperson said were a new batch in, unfortunately I didn't have the serial number range of the bad ones with me, but is that info still relevant.

The S100 is unequalled for small size and capability, and now the price had dropped to something reasonable I could afford it. So should the S100 be considered.

Brian

brianj's gear list:brianj's gear list
Canon PowerShot ELPH 330 HS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow