Started Aug 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
thubleau7
Contributing MemberPosts: 516
Like?
Rob Galbraiths Rubbery figures.
Aug 24, 2012

I had a look at pages of data that Rob Galbraith had acquired on memory cards.
Rob tested these on high end Canon and Nikon cameras.

He ran a test taking 30 seconds with RAW plus JPEG on the cameras to see how many frames would be taken.

His figures on a 20mb card is way down around the 39 frame mark and his high figures for the fastest card is around 79 frames..

i just wondered did Rob actually test all these cards or merely calculate the figures because i ran my own tests 8 times using a 20mb card and a 95 mb card and my figures on a Sony A57 did not support his claims.

The 20 MB card took 80 to 82 frames and the 95MB card took 80 to 84 frames.That is actual RAW plus JPEG and I counted them by downloading onto my computer.

Once again I have to ask how did he get these figures because in theory they stack up but in practice they are nowhere near the truth and quite rubbery.?

Ok I know there are some out there are going to say they would rather believe Rob than me because firstly maybe they dont like me and my posts and because Rob should know what he is doing and I am an amatuer in comparison blah blah blah but hey !! do the test yourself just dont take my word for it and then ask yourself how much can you really believe and are these results actually tested and confirmed.

On that note maybe we should let Mythbusters have a crack at this one.

Sony SLT-A57
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow