Started Aug 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Emphyrio2
Regular MemberPosts: 361
Like?
Settings Recomendations for Soccer with 7D
Aug 24, 2012

I have just received my new 7D and I can't wait to get out with it. It is an upgrade from my much loved 50D which I wore out, had rebuilt, and wore out again. I shot a ton of night soccer matches with it using a 70-200L in dim high school stadia. I obtained results that I was quite satisfied with at F2.8, ISO 1600, and AI SERVO mode. I plan to shoot some daytime college matches this fall and I would like to know what settings are recommended for day soccer with the 7D. I will be shooting with the same 70-200L, and have a monopod and the 1.4x extender. This is Division 3 soccer, so I will be able to get close to the action. I have a lot of experience with the 50D, but have not read the 7D manual yet. I would appreciate any recommendations on settings. I am out of practice so I intend to shoot some local club matches over labor day weekend just to get back in the swing of things.

JAH

Canon EOS 50D Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow