ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
camelot98
New MemberPosts: 24
Like?
Camera for Street Shooting
Aug 23, 2012

Hello everyone

I'm fairly new to photography, I would say it's been a year since I've been enjoying this hobby... and street photography and candid portraits of people on the street is what I like most.

I currently have just one camera which is the X2 and I really like it and the images it makes. I've been thinking that I would like to add another camera and 2 more lenses to my collection as i really enjoy the 50mm pov as well or maybe just one more lens as the 50mm could take good portraits too.

What camera and lens would you suggest? I considered a DSLR specially the D700 but after handling it in the store i realized its much too large... as much as i would love a full frame sensor! Lots of people on the forums rave about the OMD being a great camera but for some reason I feel the image quality is not fantastic...again i could be wrong...but it seemed that way to me. The OMD is compact and there are many lenses to choose from but the NEX7 seemed like it has better IQ (again thats how it seemed to me) but the system lacks lenses. These are the few cameras that i looked at and there are sooo many cameras out there that maybe I'm missing the right one..

My budget is $2000 and that's really stretching it..I'd be more comfortable spending a little less..

So again what camera and lens do you suggest? I'm sorry this is a long post and has been asked before!

Thanks

Leica X2 Nikon D700 Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow