Started Aug 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
Heie2
Regular MemberPosts: 475Gear list
Like?
Re: Sony is a more natural fit, I think
In reply to Deleted1929, Aug 23, 2012

sjgcit wrote:

I recommend a Pentax K-x

Surprise, you recommended a Pentax. Could you at least try and think outside the Pentax box you're in ?

In reality for an old Minilta user the Sony line would seem more appropriate. The Alpha mount on Sony DSLRs is a direct descendant of the Minolta mount.

-- hide signature --

StephenG

I recommend them because I have not found any reason whatsoever that would indicate they are not the best value for the money.

However, had I known that Minolta mount is supported by current Sony cameras (I did not, but will keep it in mind should a similar situation come up), I would have recommended to get a used Sony.

I'm pro Pentax, yes - but I'm not blind, even if it seems that way at times

And while I don't have a Katz eye (been considering it) I highly recommend a magnifier a la ebay (the 1.36x version), which has just been incredible.

-Heie
--
Need weather sealing you can trust?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eo61t5fH6Qw&feature=player_embedded

Take a look at my deployment to Afghanistan:

pentaxforums.com/forums/general-talk/191788-update-number-ten-my-afghan-deployment.html

Heie2's gear list:Heie2's gear list
Pentax K-7 Pentax K-5 Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA* 55mm F1.4 SDM Pentax smc DA* 16-50mm F2.8 ED AL (IF) SDM +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow