Canon 7D Firmware v2 - Problem?

Started Aug 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
krob78
Regular MemberPosts: 175Gear list
Like?
Re: I don't understand these Cx comments
In reply to KatManDEW, Aug 23, 2012

Firmware upgrade Complete! Thankfully, it went off without a hitch. I've taken approximately 150 clicks with it so far and experienced no problems. None with my C1, C2 or C3 settings either... No freezing, no issues!

Here's what I did, after reading hours of blogs and posts regarding the issues I finally decided that the odds were in my favor to have a successful install, but I took some measures in hopes of increasing my odds...

I tried to imagine Canon techs loading the firmware into test bodies at the factory. In doing so, I thought that they likely load the firmware in all three of the methods described in order to test, but likely they load them into body only cameras...

So I stripped off my battery grip, took off my lens and used the lens mount cover to seal. I charged my batteries and installed using "P" mode as recommended. I know they say any of the other custom modes are okay, but I went with P.

I downloaded the fle to my desktop, then I chose to format the CF card and copied the extracted file to the root directory of the CF card. Followed the on camera instructions, went exactly as described. I then shut off the camera and removed the battery and the CF card for 30 seconds before reinstalling and turning back on. I did not set the date, time or other settings until after I restarted the camera, 30 seconds later... It prompts you to set it before you shut it off, but I decided to shut it off first and it came right back up after the restart.

One other thing to note, I set my Auto Off feature to 2 minutes before I did the firmware update... just in case... I normally have it set on 2 minutes anyway, but that's what I did and it went super smooth and I haven't experienced any anomalies as of this post... I'll be shooting more this afternoon, likely several hundred more clicks...

All the best!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow