5th D800 from Amazon still has left AF issue!

Started Aug 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
D800
Regular MemberPosts: 199
Like?
5th D800 from Amazon still has left AF issue!
Aug 23, 2012

FYI,

I just received the 5th D800 from Amazon and it still has left AF issue. The 1st one received in April, 5th one received 2 days ago. Good thing is the severity of left AF reduced significantly as time goes by. The first few ones were so severe that it required more than 20 AF fine tune for the left most AF point to make the image usable. The last few ones required some value between 5-10.

In addition to these 5 D800s from Amazon, 2 more D800s from Bestbuy also had left AF issue.

Obviously this AF problem is not yet completely fixed at the production level and Nikon continues to produce D800s with defective AF and hope people will accept it. I am done with Nikon, at least for a while!

This image is for those of you who think I made this up or I am a troll. I removed the last few digits of the order numbers for security purposes.

Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow