RX100 buyers beware. Retailer shipping import version instead of US.

Started Aug 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
OldDigiman
Senior MemberPosts: 1,937Gear list
Like?
Re: 42nd ST Photo Grey Market, Gray Market
In reply to 42nd Street Photo, Aug 23, 2012

I love this response, speaking as the lawyer I am, because of the doublespeak. "Brand New USA warrantied product" could include grey market goods, depending on how you parse it. The product the OP got evidently was brand new, and if 42nd Street provided its own or a third party warranty, it would indeed be "USA warrantied."

What I'm not hearing is "Brand New USA MARKET warrantied product" or "Brand New USA SONY warrantied product" Of course, in the OP's case either of those statements would be plainly false because of the menu screenshot that conclusively establishes that the camera is not a USA market product and therefore does not have a Sony USA warranty.

Gotta love the way 42nd Street keeps doubling down on this issue.....

42nd Street Photo wrote:

Danel wrote:

Are you selling "Grey Market" or "Gray Market" cameras on your site and/or at your store?

Other forum posters: Please be sure to mention the name 42nd St Photo in your subject line so that other people who Google 42nd St Photo will get a hit on this and be able to see the response to the above noted question as well as being linked to this thread.

The answer to your question is clearly available on our website as well as has been answered previously on this thread. Everything we sell is Brand New USA warrantied products.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow