'Bending' the E-M5 RAW in LR

Started Aug 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
texinwien
Senior MemberPosts: 2,537Gear list
Like?
Re: This may be it...
In reply to dcassat, Aug 23, 2012

dcassat wrote:

This reasoning does make sense to me. I've been working with Lightroom for about a year but 4.1 only since June. In combination I now have an E-M5. The E-M5 files are already very good as shadow recovery is a cinch and highlight recovery is automatic. But it is the contrast and 'body' of the shot that I haven't mastered the control of yet. I've recently been working from the tone curve to adjust the mid tones in hope that it would help reduce the 'flatness' as the contrast by itself doesn't seem to address the issue. Pushing and pulling sliders hasn't been enough for the granular control that I'm looking for.

Have a look at the second video in the series Chris R-UK posted earlier in this thread, here:
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1041&message=42322089

The guy talks about how to get more contrast out of LR 4.1. He shows how increasing Exposure brightens the mid range, adding some unwanted 'flattening' to some images. He suggests using a default of -1.00 for Exposure and brightening the image by setting the White Point, first, in images where you're concerned about losing contrast in the mid-tones.

Good video - I found it very informative.

texinwien's gear list:texinwien's gear list
Canon EOS 300D Olympus OM-D E-M5 Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow